We are a global financial services firm in the Washington, DC, area that serves a sophisticated clientele of foreign nationals with U.S. interests and Americans with interests abroad. Our headquarters is located in Fairfax, VA. We also have offices in Washington, DC, and New York, NY.
The Wolf Group, P.C. offers highly competitive compensation and benefits and a solid career path for talented, career-minded individuals. TWG also offers a friendly and collaborative work environment, extensive training, varied and engaging work with sophisticated international clients, the opportunity for participation in an international professional exchange program, and many other benefits.
To apply for our positions, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line the position for which you are applying.
The position is based in our Fairfax, VA, office.
Primary responsibilities include
• Preparing and reviewing U.S. federal and state tax returns for U.S. residents, expatriates, and foreign nationals with diverse financial interests
• Meeting and corresponding with clients
• Serving as primary point of contact for key clients and managing client relationships
• Assisting with the preparation of IRS Streamlined and Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) filings for clients disclosing foreign assets through IRS amnesty programs
• Monitoring budgets and profitability
• Providing training and feedback to junior staff
• Driving and participating in strategic initiatives
• Liaising with wealth managers, as well as corporate payroll and HR departments regarding global investment and compensation issues, reporting requirements, and tax implications of various courses of action
• CPA or EA
• Three to six years of tax compliance experience with a public accounting firm, with a focus on private client services or high-net-worth individuals
• Experience preparing and/or reviewing a wide range of individual tax forms and schedules
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
• BA/MA in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or MST, JD, or MBA
• Foreign language skills are a plus
• Entrepreneurial and career-oriented mindset
• Interest in a multi-cultural professional environment
TWG provides a range of consulting services to clients. Familiarity with some or all of these services is a plus but is not a requirement: foreign financial assets (FBAR & FATCA); international taxation; tax planning for high-net-worth individuals; corporate, small business, and entity taxation; changes in residency status; tax equalization; expatriation (Exit Tax); IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Programs (OVDP); passive foreign investment companies (PFICs); and foreign pensions, trusts, and investments.