International Corporate Tax Director
The Wolf Group, P.C. (TWG) is a boutique tax firm in the Washington, DC, metro area that specializes in international and expatriate taxation. For 35 years, we have served high-net-worth international clients (non-U.S. citizens inbound to the U.S., Americans abroad, and entrepreneurs with cross-border business interests). We pride ourselves on our integrity, professional excellence, collaborative spirit, and unyielding focus on client service.
TWG is part of Nexia International, the 9th largest network of independent tax and accounting firms worldwide, with member firms in more than 130 countries.
Our size (35 people) and specialty expertise allow us to be nimble and adapt quickly to opportunities in the market. As such, we have experienced healthy, double-digit growth for the past 5+ years.
About the Job
This is an opportunity to lead your own practice unit! We are looking for a high-energy individual to grow and oversee our International Corporate Tax Division.
In addition to our decades-strong practice in expatriate taxation, we have an increasing demand for international corporate tax advisory and compliance work.
Our international corporate tax work has grown organically over time, with referrals from our Nexia International partners, as well as other referral sources. We are now looking for an enthusiastic leader to spearhead the division, providing senior technical guidance and oversight to our team, as well as leadership in growing the practice.
This position also includes the opportunity for future equity ownership.
- You are a high-energy, optimistic professional who is passionate about international corporate tax and who shares our core values
- You are equally excited about delivering excellent client service and growing the practice, and you have a proven track record of doing both
- Your technical skills are superior, and you have experience working with emerging and mid-sized multinationals
- You are excited by new developments and opportunities in the tax world (such as those offered by TCJA), and you regularly monitor breaking news in areas that affect your clients
- You enjoy developing staff, and you thrive in an environment where technical experts share ideas and use one another as a sounding board
- You appreciate work-life balance, and you are seeking a collaborative work environment that offers opportunities for advancement and equity ownership
What You’ll Do
As Director of the International Corporate Tax Division, you will:
- Serve as the leading technical expert for the division, providing guidance, oversight, and development for staff; consulting with clients on their needs and options; participating in the delivery of client service activities; overseeing client relationships and profitability; providing senior direction and support; etc.
- Take the lead role in growing the international corporate tax practice by devising and driving annual growth plans; expanding our network of referral sources; engaging in marketing and business development activities, such as seminars, conferences, and other speaking opportunities; pursuing leads generated by other professionals; etc.
Your Background and Qualifications:
- CPA and/or JD/LL.M (tax), and bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar discipline
- 6-12 years of experience in international corporate tax planning and compliance
- Consulting and Compliance Experience in most of the following areas (non-exhaustive list):
- IRS 965 Transition Tax
- GILTI/FDII Planning
- Examples: Multinational Structuring and 962 Elections
- Cross-Border Planning for Transfer Pricing (tangible and intangible), Subpart F, and 956 Inclusions
- Inbound and Outbound Entity Planning
- Check-the-box elections
- Minimization of global effective tax rates
- Multinational use of cryptocurrency
- Permanent establishment determination
- Foreign tax credit utilization
- Tax-treaty implications
- Passive Foreign Investment Companies (PFICs)
- Examples: Closely held family PFICs, purge elections, and QEF annual accounting
- Foreign Ownership of U.S. Disregarded Entities
- Uncompromising integrity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organizational and people skills
- Practice development skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Commitment to delivering measurable results and a proven ability to generate business
Interested candidates should send professional resume with cover letter to email@example.com.