The Wolf Group, PC (TWG) is seeking a full-time senior tax specialist who is eager to gain exposure to a broad range of technical issues that apply to individuals, families, and businesses with cross-border interests.
For 35 years, TWG has specialized in international and expatriate taxation. Our clients include high-net-worth international clients (foreign nationals with U.S. interests and Americans with interests abroad), growing multinational corporations, and global employers.
Opportunity to grow in International/Expat Tax
We hire professionals with strong foundations in taxation of high-net-worth individuals or global mobility tax, and we provide training and on-the-job experience to broaden and deepen their knowledge of international tax matters.
At the senior level, successful candidates will already have some exposure to international tax, in at least one of the areas listed below. We provide the rest.
Technical areas in which our seniors receive training and provide support to clients
- International Organization Tax – For employees of the World Bank, IMF, IDB, United Nations, and other international organizations
- Expatriate Tax and Foreign Asset Reporting – For U.S. citizens abroad, U.S. tax residents with foreign financial assets, and foreign nationals with U.S. ties
- Global Mobility Tax – For global employers and employees on international assignments, both inpats and expats
- Taxation of Foreign Pensions, Trusts, Life Insurance, and PFICs/Mutual Funds – For individuals with foreign assets that require reporting on Forms 3520, 3520-A, 8621, 8938, and FBARs
- Foreign Entity and International Corporate Tax – For owners of multinational companies and entities requiring Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, 965, 8992, 8993, and others
- IRS Amnesty and Streamlined Programs – For individuals correcting their foreign asset and income reporting with the IRS
What you will be doing
- Preparing (and reviewing, if appropriate) complex U.S. tax returns for U.S. residents, expatriates, and foreign nationals with diverse financial interests
- Serving as primary point of contact for key clients and managing client relationships
- Preparing IRS Streamlined filings for clients disclosing foreign assets through IRS amnesty programs
- Providing training and feedback to junior staff
- Monitoring budgets and profitability
- Participating in strategic initiatives
This job may be for you, if you:
- Are passionate about finding solutions and advising clients
- Enjoy working in a friendly team environment with extra perks like Starbucks runs, Friday breakfasts, cookouts, international potlucks, and company-wide retreats
- Appreciate having autonomy while learning in a supportive and collaborative environment
- Are looking for a career with growth potential
To increase your odds, we are looking for:
- 3 to 5 years of tax experience, with a focus on private client services, high-net-worth individuals, or global employer services
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Strong English language and communication skills (other languages are a plus!)
- CPA, EA, or CPA candidates are preferred
This position is based in Fairfax, Virginia (in the metro Washington, DC area). Remote work may be considered for candidates who already have significant international/expat tax exposure.
Unfortunately, we are not sponsoring candidates for H-1Bs at this time. Given the investment we make in our staff, we are thus unable to consider candidates who are under OPT or otherwise require sponsorship for long-term work. H-1B transfers will be considered.
What The Wolf Group, P.C. offers:
The Wolf Group, P.C. offers highly competitive compensation and benefits and a solid career path for talented, career-minded individuals. TWG also offers a friendly and collaborative work environment, extensive training, varied and engaging work with sophisticated international clients, the opportunity for participation in an international professional exchange program, and many other benefits.