We are a global financial services firm in the Washington, DC, area that serves a sophisticated clientele of foreign nationals with U.S. interests and Americans with interests abroad. Our headquarters is located in Fairfax, VA. We also have offices in Washington, DC, and New York, NY.
The Wolf Group, P.C. offers highly competitive compensation and benefits and a solid career path for talented, career-minded individuals. TWG also offers a friendly and collaborative work environment, extensive training, varied and engaging work with sophisticated international clients, the opportunity for participation in an international professional exchange program, and many other benefits.
To apply for our positions, please send resumes to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line the position for which you are applying.
The Wolf Group, PC’s International Division is seeking experienced professionals to prepare and/or review complex individual tax returns for high-net-worth clients with global tax considerations.
The Senior Tax Specialist would assist primarily during peak times (early February through mid-April, and September through mid-October) and could work either part-time (minimum 25 hrs/wk) or full-time during these periods. In addition, the Specialist may have other opportunities throughout the year to take on additional projects, as desired.
Qualified professionals should have at least 4 years (and up to 35+) of experience preparing and/or reviewing complex individual returns. International tax experience is preferred, but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Tax Specialist would:
- Attend annual firm-wide training at the end of January
- Prepare and/or review complex individual income tax returns involving international forms, such as forms 1116, 2555, 3520, 3520-A, 5471,8833, 8865, and 8938
- Communicate directly with clients throughout the tax return process
- Provide assistance on complex engagements
This position requires the following qualifications:
- CPA license, EA certification, or JD
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills
- 4–35+ years of public accounting experience
- Experience preparing and/or reviewing complex individual tax returns (international tax experience is preferred, but not required)
- Professional maturity and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with clients worldwide
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in ProSystems is a plus
- Experience preparing corporate, partnership, or trust returns is also a plus
Compensation is highly competitive with industry standards, and the position offers considerable opportunity for technical learning and advancement in international/expatriate tax.
- Hourly wage based on experience
- Additional time for training will be compensated
Primary responsibilities include (1) align marketing activities with firm objectives, (2) oversee the firm’s various communication channels, (3) develop, update, and disseminate content, (4) conduct outreach, and (5) provide support for events and seminars.
- Work with senior tax staff to ensure that their marketing and business development activities are in line with the firm’s strategic objectives and brand image
- Oversee online and offline content creation
- Produce the firm’s quarterly newsletter, monthly bulletins, tax alerts, videos, direct mailers, brochures, “thought leadership” articles, and other materials
- Develop and adapt content for a wide variety of media and uses
- Provide maintenance and updates for the corporate website and social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Coordinate production of graphic materials and multimedia projects
- Employ SEO tactics, Google analytics, and other analysis to boost the success of marketing campaigns
- Maintain and update marketing distribution lists
- Provide support for seminars, conferences, mixers, events, and speaking tours
- Secure speaking engagements for the firm to enhance brand awareness
- Conduct outreach to individuals, organizations, foreign partners, and referral sources to build the firm’s audience
The successful candidate will possess the following experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications or Marketing
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in Communications or Marketing, preferably for a professional services organization such as a CPA firm or law firm
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communications skills
- Experience running digital and print marketing campaigns and employing marketing best practices
- Strong copywriting and copyediting skills
- Familiarity with digital marketing programs, including SEO and social media
- Digital savvy and proficiency in web development CMS, desktop publishing, photo illustration, and database management software
- Competence in executing delegated tasks, communicating progress, and proactively undertaking work
- Flexibility in multi-tasking, managing several projects at a time, and functioning under the deadline pressure
- High integrity, self-motivation, and professional attitude toward all levels of assigned tasks
- Reasonable length of time in prior employs
Primary responsibilities include:
• Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; update and maintain the employee handbook
• Provide prompt and appropriate guidance to department managers with regard to employee relations issues, inquiries, and concerns
• Support the recruiting process by conducting research via LinkedIn or other platforms to identify and reach out to potential candidates for open positions
• Support department managers in applying best practices in people development and making recommendations to improve the goal-setting and performance review process
• Administer various HR plans and procedures for all organization personnel, including employee onboarding, separations, career advancement, etc.
• Lead initiatives to increase employee engagement
• Help define job levels and salary ranges
• Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
• Assist, as needed, with open enrollment, award programs, recruiting activities, exit interviews, and other HR matters
The successful candidate will possess the following experience and skills
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• A minimum of 7-10 years of related experience in a professional services firm
• Excellent understanding of HR best practices and legal requirements
• Reasonable length of time in prior employs
• Exceptional communication skills and unquestionable integrity
• Foreign language skills are a plus
• Entrepreneurial and career-oriented mindset
The position is based in our Fairfax, VA, office.
Primary responsibilities include
• Preparing and reviewing U.S. federal and state tax returns for U.S. residents, expatriates, and foreign nationals with diverse financial interests
• Meeting and corresponding with clients
• Serving as primary point of contact for key clients and managing client relationships
• Assisting with the preparation of IRS Streamlined and Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) filings for clients disclosing foreign assets through IRS amnesty programs
• Monitoring budgets and profitability
• Providing training and feedback to junior staff
• Driving and participating in strategic initiatives
• Liaising with wealth managers, as well as corporate payroll and HR departments regarding global investment and compensation issues, reporting requirements, and tax implications of various courses of action
• CPA or EA
• Three to six years of tax compliance experience with a public accounting firm, with a focus on private client services or high-net-worth individuals
• Experience preparing and/or reviewing a wide range of individual tax forms and schedules
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
• BA/MA in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or MST, JD, or MBA
• Foreign language skills are a plus
• Entrepreneurial and career-oriented mindset
• Interest in a multi-cultural professional environment
TWG provides a range of consulting services to clients. Familiarity with some or all of these services is a plus but is not a requirement: foreign financial assets (FBAR & FATCA); international taxation; tax planning for high-net-worth individuals; corporate, small business, and entity taxation; changes in residency status; tax equalization; expatriation (Exit Tax); IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Programs (OVDP); passive foreign investment companies (PFICs); and foreign pensions, trusts, and investments.