Senior Tax Specialist
The Wolf Group, PC’s International Division is seeking experienced professionals to prepare and/or review complex individual tax returns for high-net-worth clients with global tax considerations.
The Senior Tax Specialist would assist primarily during peak times (early February through mid-April, and September through mid-October) and could work either part-time (minimum 25 hrs/wk) or full-time during these periods. In addition, the Specialist may have other opportunities throughout the year to take on additional projects, as desired.
Qualified professionals should have at least 4 years (and up to 35+) of experience preparing and/or reviewing complex individual returns. International tax experience is preferred, but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Tax Specialist would:
- Attend annual firm-wide training at the end of January
- Prepare and/or review complex individual income tax returns involving international forms, such as forms 1116, 2555, 3520, 3520-A, 5471,8833, 8865, and 8938
- Communicate directly with clients throughout the tax return process
- Provide assistance on complex engagements
This position requires the following qualifications:
- CPA license, EA certification, or JD
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills
- 4–35+ years of public accounting experience
- Experience preparing and/or reviewing complex individual tax returns (international tax experience is preferred, but not required)
- Professional maturity and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with clients worldwide
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in ProSystems is a plus
- Experience preparing corporate, partnership, or trust returns is also a plus
Compensation is highly competitive with industry standards, and the position offers considerable opportunity for technical learning and advancement in international/expatriate tax.
- Hourly wage based on experience
- Additional time for training will be compensated