Lori is a CPA and Tax Senior Manager, with 30 years of experience in individual, corporate, and partnership taxation, including 25 years of experience in international taxation.
Lori has broad and deep knowledge in serving expatriate and international organization populations, as well as high-net-worth clients and entrepreneurs with foreign interests.
A 25-year veteran of The Wolf Group, she has:
- Worked with hundreds of U.S. citizens, green card holders, and G-4 visa holders with ties to the World Bank, IMF, IDB, and various other international organizations
- Provided quality assurance reviews for many of the firm’s most complex tax returns with foreign income and asset reporting
- Supported global mobility clients with a range of assignee population sizes and needs
- Worked with business owners to advise them on accounting matters, guide their tax planning, and complete their partnership and corporate tax returns
- Assisted new clients with their IRS Amnesty filings under every Offshore Voluntary Disclosure and Streamlined Program available since the programs were launched in 2009
Lori plays a significant role in maintaining a high level of international tax knowledge and quality within the firm. She provides guidance, training, and oversight to tax technical team members.
Before joining The Wolf Group in 1995, Lori worked for a large regional CPA firm as a Senior Accountant and for a government contractor in its accounting department.
Lori holds a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Wilkes College. She is a CPA licensed in Virginia and Pennsylvania.
Lori Compton, CPA
- International organization employees & retirees
- U.S. citizens living overseas
- U.S. nonresidents
- Corporate expats
- U.S. domestic individuals and families
- Wilkes University, Bachelor’s in Accounting
- CPA, Virginia and Pennsylvania