Get to Know Mishkin at Work
What do you love about your job?
I love everything about my job because I get to deal with issues related to tax. I knew this back in law school after my first two weeks in my Federal Tax I class. Specifically though, I find the performance of international tax compliance and consulting work to be very fulfilling both professionally and personally.
Why did you choose a career at The Wolf Group?
The Wolf Group is a very unique firm with an amazing infrastructure. I have been privy to observe the evolution of the international tax industry over the last ten years with many firms in multiple countries. The Wolf Group is the first firm that I have seen that not only has the depth, experience, and legacy with international tax compliance/consulting but also a very solid the infrastructure of associates, processes, and technology that is needed to deal with this highly complex and changing area of taxation.
Mishkin Outside the Office
What are people often surprised to learn about you?
I am a big fan of history. I love reading books or watching movies/tv shows about historical events. I have a passion for understanding how societies have developed over time. My favorite historical time period is the birth of Rome to the decline/fall of the Roman Empire. My favorite quote is from Virgil’s Aeneid, “Fortune favors the bold.”
What’s your favorite book, or one that you’ve read recently?
The last book I read was “Blink” by Malcolm Gladwell. It is a great book about decision-making. My favorite book of all-time is “A Message to Garcia” by Elbert Hubbard. It combines two of my favorite passions, history and business.
What is your favorite vacation spot and why?
I have to list two spots. My Puerto Rican heritage will always force me to say Puerto Rico as my favorite vacation spot. Beyond Puerto Rico though, I am a big fan of St. Bart’s. I took my wife there for our honeymoon and fell head over heels for the island.
Mishkin Santa, JD LLM
- U.S. citizens living overseas
- U.S. nonresidents
- EB-5 investors
- U.S. domestic individuals and families
- International businesses
- International based families with investments in multiple jurisdictions and tax residency in multiple jurisdictions
- U.S. citizens or residents who are beneficiaries of foreign trusts and who will receive gifts or inheritances from non-US persons
- Trustees of trusts with U.S. grantors or U.S. beneficiaries
- Individual income tax compliance
- Estate, gift & trust tax compliance
- FBAR Assistance
- EB-5 investor program
- International assignment structuring and planning
- Offshore voluntary disclosure programs
- Foreign Corporation (Subpart F, Transfer Pricing, E&P Studies)
- Asset protection planning
- Boston University School of Law, LLM, Taxation
- Seattle University School of Law, JD, Business Law, Tax Law
- Westminster College, Bachelor’s in Business Administration and Management