Sheila is a CPA and a Tax Manager at The Wolf Group, with over 15 years of experience in the global accounting industry. Originally from Ireland, Sheila has also lived and worked in France, Australia, and Switzerland.
Sheila joined The Wolf Group team in 2014 and works closely with globally mobile individuals, companies with expatriate programs, and families with global assets.
In her day-to-day practice, Sheila provides advice and assistance to
- Companies with globally mobile staff (in matters of expatriate policy development, expatriate payroll, tax planning and counseling, U.S. tax return preparation, and coordination of home and host country assistance)
- Individuals with complex, cross-border situations, including U.S. citizens, green card holders, international organization employees, various visa holders, and U.S. nonresidents
- Individuals coming into U.S. tax compliance via IRS amnesty programs (Offshore Voluntary Disclosure and Streamlined Programs)
- Individuals relinquishing their U.S. citizenship or green cards
- Individuals who have received tax notices and audits from the IRS or state taxing authorities
Not only is Sheila a U.S. CPA, licensed in the State of Virginia, but she is also a fellow of Chartered Accountants Ireland. She holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree and a Graduate Diploma in professional Accounting from University College Dublin. Sheila speaks French and holds a Diploma in French with Distinction from the London Institute of Linguists. She is also conversant in Spanish.
Prior to working in tax, Sheila was an internal auditor and financial controller with an Irish multinational in both Ireland and the U.S.
Sheila Flett, CPA FCA
- International organization employees & retirees
- U.S. nonresidents
- U.S. citizens living overseas
- Corporate expats
- U.S. domestic individuals & families
- Individual Income Tax Compliance
- Estate, Gift and Trust Tax Compliance
- FBAR Assistance
- Tax equalization, tax protection and tax reimbursement calculations
- Exit tax planning
- Estimated income tax calculations
- University College Dublin, Post Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting
- University College Dublin, Bachelor of Commerce
- London Institute of Linguists, Diploma in French with Distinction
- CPA, Virginia
- Fellow Chartered Accountant (FCA)
- Carlow, Ireland