Get to Know Sheila at Work
What do you love about your job?
International tax is challenging. In this ever changing environment, there is no time for boredom and no day is like the days before! Working with clients and colleagues from all over the world makes the challenge fun and always interesting. I learn something new every single day.
Why did you choose a career at The Wolf Group?
I am a naturalized American with personal experience of the international tax issues facing our individual clients. The opportunity to become an expert in this area appealed to me and The Wolf Group is one of the few firms that does this well. I also really enjoy learning new languages, and improving those I already know, so the opportunity to interact with people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds is a bonus.
How would you describe The Wolf Group’s culture?
In a word, collaborative. Titles here reflect experience but no question is too basic and no time too precious at any level to help a colleague. To be surrounded by smart hardworking people every day, working to provide the best in client service, is very rewarding.
Sheila Outside the Office
What do you do for fun?
I love to travel, particularly if it means I can meet up with friends and family around the world. So much world, so little time!
What are your favorite vacation spots?
All time favorites are Annecy in France, Verbier in Switzerland and, of course, my home country of Ireland. Lots more to be discovered.
Do you have any pets?
It looks like a rescue dog is in my near future!
Sheila Flett, CPA FCA
- International organization employees & retirees
- U.S. nonresidents
- U.S. citizens living overseas
- Corporate expats
- U.S. domestic individuals & families
- Individual Income Tax Compliance
- Estate, Gift and Trust Tax Compliance
- FBAR Assistance
- Tax equalization, tax protection and tax reimbursement calculations
- Exit tax planning
- Estimated income tax calculations
- University College Dublin, Post Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting
- University College Dublin, Bachelor of Commerce
- London Institute of Linguists, Diploma in French with Distinction
- CPA, Virginia
- Fellow Chartered Accountant (FCA)
- Carlow, Ireland