Tracy Barnett, JD
Tracy is a Tax Manager at The Wolf Group, with extensive experience providing specialized services to
- International organization employees and retirees, including U.S. citizens, green card holders, and G-4 and G-5 visa holders
- U.S. residents and nonresidents
- High-net-worth individuals with global assets
Trained in Law, and having practiced Law and Accounting for almost 20 years, Tracy is well-versed in Tax Compliance and Controversy matters. As such, she
- Advises clients on a variety of international tax matters and helps new clients understand their tax options and needs
- Regularly interacts with the IRS and state tax authorities to assist clients in resolving tax notices and audits
- Helps U.S. nonresidents to obtain early refunds of the mandatory 10%-15% withholding tax on the sale of their U.S. homes, required under The Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA), by filing Forms 8288-B
- Provides technical guidance and oversight to tax team members
Prior to joining The Wolf Group in 2013, Tracy worked as a Tax Manager at a Big 6 accounting firm. She also worked as an associate in the corporate and financial services departments of two international law firms in Chicago.
Tracy holds a law degree from Loyola University and a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, cum laude. She is licensed to practice law in Illinois and is authorized to represent clients before the IRS.