The Wolf Group, PC (TWG) is seeking to hire a full-time tax specialist who is eager to gain exposure to international tax matters.
For 35 years, TWG has specialized in international and expatriate taxation. Our clients include high-net-worth international clients (foreign nationals with U.S. interests and Americans with interests abroad), growing multinational corporations, and global employers.
Opportunity to grow in International/Expat Tax
We hire professionals who already have familiarity with U.S. individual income tax, and we provide training and on-the-job exposure to introduce them to cross-border tax matters.
Initial topics in which our new staff receive training and provide support to clients
- Foreign earned income exclusion (Form 2555)
- Foreign tax credits (Form 1116)
- Foreign bank account reports (FBAR)
- Foreign financial asset reporting (Form 8938)
- Nonresident taxation (Form 1040NR)
Other topics our new staff may cover early in their tenures
- International Organization Tax – For employees of the World Bank, IMF, IDB, United Nations, and other international organizations
- Expatriate Tax and Foreign Asset Reporting – For U.S. citizens abroad, U.S. tax residents with foreign financial assets, and foreign nationals with U.S. ties
- Global Mobility Tax – For global employers and employees on international assignments, both inpats and expats
- IRS Amnesty and Streamlined Programs – For individuals correcting their foreign asset and income reporting with the IRS
What you will be doing
- Preparing U.S. tax returns for expatriates, U.S. nonresidents, and U.S. residents with foreign financial interests
- Interacting with senior staff and clients to address client questions, missing information, and other matters
- Providing support for global mobility engagements, IRS Streamlined filings, tax notice resolution, international organization events, and firm initiatives
This job may be for you, if you:
- Are passionate about finding solutions and advising clients
- Enjoy working in a friendly team environment with extra perks like Starbucks runs, Friday breakfasts, cookouts, international potlucks, and company-wide retreats
- Appreciate having autonomy while learning in a supportive and collaborative environment
- Are looking for a career with growth potential
To increase your odds, we are looking for:
- 1 to 5 years of tax experience, with a focus on U.S. individual income taxation, private client services, high-net-worth individuals, or global employer services
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Strong English language and communication skills (other languages are a plus!)
- CPA, EA, or CPA candidates are preferred
This position is based in Fairfax, Virginia (in the metro Washington, DC area).
Unfortunately, we are not sponsoring candidates for H-1Bs at this time. Given the investment we make in our staff, we are thus unable to consider candidates who are under OPT or otherwise require sponsorship for long-term work. H-1B transfers will be considered.
What The Wolf Group, P.C. offers:
The Wolf Group, P.C. offers highly competitive compensation and benefits and a solid career path for talented, career-minded individuals. TWG also offers a friendly and collaborative work environment, extensive training, varied and engaging work with sophisticated international clients, the opportunity for participation in an international professional exchange program, and many other benefits.